So Monday afternoon, after work, I'm meeting with the electrician and head contractor to talk electrics. This is good, as we are now moving towards the internal side of things taking place but its also scary because the decisions I make now affect the layout of our bedroom quite considerably.
"Why so?" I hear you ask, as it's only plug sockets and lights.
Well, Andy has a lot of equipment that needs to be plugged in either constantly or almost constantly and they require their own plug socket, this would include:
- Specialised air pressure mattress for the bed - to protect Andy's skin as he can't turn himself, it rolls air through the mattress which relieves the pressure on Andy's body
- Ventilator - supports Andy's breathing overnight allowing his body to rest more.
- Humidifier - warms the air pushed through the vent.
- Overnight feed pump - Andy has a supplement overnight to ensure he's met his nutritional needs, it goes on in the small hours so it acts a breakfast replacement.
- Suction machine - is used to pull up secretions off Andy's chest when he is unable to cough it up and should remain fully charged at all times
- Nebuliser - Is used to loosen secretions on Andy's chest, Andy has a neb through the night so that would need its own plug to reduce staff disturbance.